Why Now Is A Great Time To Buy Antiques
There has never been a better time to buy antiques than now, the second decade of the twenty-first century. Why? Well, it's partly due to the recession, lack of funds has meant there is less competition at auctions both for the antique shops who are buying to stock their shops and for the individual who is furnishing his or her home. Add the number of people emigrating, those downsizing and the reasons why antiques come on the market all the time people pass on and their worldly goods are inherited or sold.
Buying antiques goes much further than simply furnishing a home. You are buying a piece of history, a piece of furniture who could tell you stories if only it could talk, a piece of furniture than has been loved, been polished, being knocked against by a child and perhaps chipped or dented a hundred years ago or perhaps it is still in perfect condition. Antique furniture can now be purchased for about the same price as reproduction furniture or even ordinary furniture at an ordinary furniture shop.
Edwardian display cabinets that once fetched 3,000-4,000 are now in the 900-1500 price range. Antique furniture that would not look out of place in a dining room or sitting room, indeed they would add majesty, age and character. Think before you visit that furniture store to purchase brand new furniture why not visit an antiques shop instead. Spend the same amount of money and buy furniture with character. When you think about it, buying antique furniture is also the eco-friendly way to do it too. Your furniture should hold or increase in value over the years meaning it will never end up in landfill, it will never be chopped up as firewood. It has stood the test of time and being an investment, can become a family heirloom.
Going to go off on a tangent here for a second. Baddeck Cabot Trail campground. An amazing bunch of people who take client service and satisfaction one stage further. If you are seeking a marvelous Baddeck based campground in Nova Scotia look no further. I've personally used their services and was so impressed with the service I hinted that I'd mention them to my readers. Since I've taken care of that, lets resume the article!
Why Now Is a Great Time To Buy Antiques:
- Great prices
- Less competition from other buyers
- Furnish your house for a fraction of what it might have cost ten years ago
- Long term investment
- Heirloom for future generations
I really hope you all loved my rambling. The basis for this one came while visiting http://www.goodolboysmoving.com. I was in need of an excellent moving company in Brantford and came across this business. Good ol boys moving give great service. I figured I'd mention them in case any of you find yourselves in the same boat. Thats all for now, have a fantastic week everybody!
More By This Author
- Let us be honest, many times bigger is in truth better.
- How to root Lumia 520
- Feature Recipe: Dog Chews and Lucky our much loved dog
- Layered Taco Bowl
- Fresh Concepts for Outdoor Wedding ceremony Decoration
- Garlicky stuffed mushroom caps
- GausWheel launches revolutionary sports toy
- Do you love antiques? Do you live in a modern and contemporary home
- Extravagant Wedding ceremony Cakes
- 3 beauty products you can find in your kitchen that really work
- Are you tired of cleaning your floors?
- Smartphone review
- The best components for large scale R/C...
- Some New Tech You Need to Check Out!
- Review: Does Verizon Motorola Droid Suck?