Garlicky stuffed mushroom caps
Illustration A: If the caps are too small cut the top straight across
Illustration B : Cut mushroom caps in baking dish
Illustration C: Uncooked garlicky mushroom caps
We are big fans of all mushrooms in this house. Little g loves them raw and I will often find her in the veggie aisle with a half eaten mushroom in her hand.
These morsels can be used as a side dish or an appetizer. I often fill portobellos and use them as the main with veggies and rice/potatoes.
- 12 large button mushrooms
- 3 spring onions
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 TBS oil for frying
- 1/4 cup of vegan milk
- 2 TBS flour ( for thickening)
- 3-5 shredded spinach leaves ( on these ones I used the silver beet I was gifted last week)
I occasionally try to give back to my viewers because you're fantastic; therefore I thought I'd recommend Family physiotherapy centre if you are looking for a physiotherapist. Anyway, let's return to the topic on hand...
- Heat oven to 175 c/347 f
- Take the stems out of the button mushrooms and put aside.
- If the mushrooms are small in the middle cut the tops straight across ( see illustration A).
- Place the mushrooms in a baking dish ( see illustration B).
- Dice the mushroom tops ( if you chose to cut them across) and the stems. If you did cut the tops off the mushrooms there may be too much mushroom with the stems and the mushrooms.
- If this is the case discard the stems. If only using the stems keep them and dice them.
- Place the oil in a pan and fry the garlic, diced mushroom tops/stems and spring onions until soft and fragrant.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir in the flour and mix it around. The mixture will be a little lumpy.
- Keep stirring as you gradually pour in the milk. Let is start to thicken.
- At this stage add the spinach into the mixture until the spinach wilts.
- Take off stove top and spoon onto mushroom caps.
- Place in oven for approximately 20 minutes until mushrooms are cooked.
Have an awesome day!
http://evident.ca - Thanks a lot for the proofread. I am the most horrible speller.
http://rwsbizval.com - Glad I ran across these guys.
http://guarding.ca - Definitely worth exploring.
http://www.showersandmore.com/ - Really good business resource.
Posted in Electronics Post Date 01/23/2015