Garlicky stuffed mushroom caps
Illustration A: If the caps are too small cut the top straight across
Illustration B : Cut mushroom caps in baking dish
Illustration C: Uncooked garlicky mushroom caps
We are big fans of all mushrooms in this house. Little g loves them raw and I will often find her in the veggie aisle with a half eaten mushroom in her hand.
These morsels can be used as a side dish or an appetizer. I often fill portobellos and use them as the main with veggies and rice/potatoes.
- 12 large button mushrooms
- 3 spring onions
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 TBS oil for frying
- 1/4 cup of vegan milk
- 2 TBS flour ( for thickening)
- 3-5 shredded spinach leaves ( on these ones I used the silver beet I was gifted last week)
I occasionally try to give back to my viewers because you're fantastic; therefore I thought I'd recommend vesic photography if you are looking for a wedding photographer. Anyway, let's return to the topic on hand...
- Heat oven to 175 c/347 f
- Take the stems out of the button mushrooms and put aside.
- If the mushrooms are small in the middle cut the tops straight across ( see illustration A).
- Place the mushrooms in a baking dish ( see illustration B).
- Dice the mushroom tops ( if you chose to cut them across) and the stems. If you did cut the tops off the mushrooms there may be too much mushroom with the stems and the mushrooms.
- If this is the case discard the stems. If only using the stems keep them and dice them.
- Place the oil in a pan and fry the garlic, diced mushroom tops/stems and spring onions until soft and fragrant.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir in the flour and mix it around. The mixture will be a little lumpy.
- Keep stirring as you gradually pour in the milk. Let is start to thicken.
- At this stage add the spinach into the mixture until the spinach wilts.
- Take off stove top and spoon onto mushroom caps.
- Place in oven for approximately 20 minutes until mushrooms are cooked.
Have an awesome day!
http://propertyhunters.com - Good business resource.
http://oakmead.com/ - You were Terrific!
http://friendlygiantmaintenance.ca - Thank you for selflessly giving your knowledge base.
http://greenguardpestcontrol.com - Fantastic site.
More By This Author
- Let us be honest, many times bigger is in truth better.
- How to root Lumia 520
- Feature Recipe: Dog Chews and Lucky our much loved dog
- Layered Taco Bowl
- Fresh Concepts for Outdoor Wedding ceremony Decoration
- Why Now Is A Great Time To Buy Antiques
- GausWheel launches revolutionary sports toy
- Do you love antiques? Do you live in a modern and contemporary home
- Extravagant Wedding ceremony Cakes
- 3 beauty products you can find in your kitchen that really work
- Are you tired of cleaning your floors?
- Smartphone review
- The best components for large scale R/C...
- Some New Tech You Need to Check Out!