Layered Taco Bowl
Growing up as a kid I never remember having Mexican food. I do not remember eating too many legumes or beans unless they we're green beans.
Life changed in oh so many ways when I moved to North America. I began to eat beans, tortillas and veggies or something similar as a regular staple. I am a huge fan of avocados and love to make guacamole.
This dish can be made in 10 minutes once the rice is cooked. You can add whatever takes your fancy to this to make it spicier or with more veggies. I am offering the "Taco" Bowl that I make regularly for my family and from to time I will fry onions and mushrooms and put them on top.
Refried Beans are mushed up red or black beans which are fried and reheated when required. The canned refried beans are often added with things you may not want. They cost way more than a can of regular beans. I buy kidney beans in cans or bulk and blend my own refried beans to make more for a fraction of the cost. Sometimes I will add garlic or spice along with olive oil and salt.
I often have my own refried beans on hand or at the very least I have the beans blended and prepared so that when the time comes I can heat them up myself.
This is a quick and tasty meal when you want something hearty in a jiffy.
A super quick and hearty bowl of beans, rice and veggies.
Prep Time 10 min Prep Time 10 min
- 2 cups lettuce or spinach
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 1/2cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups of refried beans-heated
- olives ( optional)
- handful of tortilla chips per bowl
- 3 TBS vegan cream cheese or a sprinkling of vegan cheese
- chopped avocado or guacamole
- salsa and hot sauce to taste
- Portion out the ingredients to make 4 bowls.
- Layer the bowl with lettuce on the bottom.
- Spoon some rice on the lettuce.
- Spoon refried beans on the rice.
- Scatter chopped tomatoes over the beans.
- Cheese can be spooned or sprinkled on top of that.
- Avocado/guacamole goes on top of that.
- Salsa on that and then if you fancy some coriander and if you want olives spread them around the bowl.
- Add hot sauce as you wish.
Slightly off subject, yet while it's on my mind I have to throw a shout out to Virk Personal Injury Lawyers. When ever I'm seeking out a personal injury lawyer they are the first people I look to. I understand a remarkable personal injury law firm in St. Catharines can often be hard to find so I figured that I'd personally share with my site visitors.
- If you wish add some chili powder to the beans when they are being reheated.
http://outlandoutfitting.com - Utilize guys on a regular basis.
http://electraskate.com - Glad I stumbled upon this business.
http://www.equestrianfactoryoutlet.com - Amongst my favorites.
http://mybpd.ca - Extremely nice page.
Posted in Electronics Post Date 01/03/2015