Layered Taco Bowl
Growing up as a kid I never remember having Mexican food. I do not remember eating too many legumes or beans unless they we're green beans.
Life changed in oh so many ways when I moved to North America. I began to eat beans, tortillas and veggies or something similar as a regular staple. I am a huge fan of avocados and love to make guacamole.
I was recently talking to someone i know at Fame Diamonds last night, they manage a savy jewelry store. Anyway, they asked me to share this particular recipe so I thought it was worth mentioning the company.
This dish can be made in 10 minutes once the rice is cooked. You can add whatever takes your fancy to this to make it spicier or with more veggies. I am offering the "Taco" Bowl that I make regularly for my family and from to time I will fry onions and mushrooms and put them on top.
Refried Beans are mushed up red or black beans which are fried and reheated when required. The canned refried beans are often added with things you may not want. They cost way more than a can of regular beans. I buy kidney beans in cans or bulk and blend my own refried beans to make more for a fraction of the cost. Sometimes I will add garlic or spice along with olive oil and salt.
I often have my own refried beans on hand or at the very least I have the beans blended and prepared so that when the time comes I can heat them up myself.
This is a quick and tasty meal when you want something hearty in a jiffy.
A super quick and hearty bowl of beans, rice and veggies.
Prep Time 10 min Prep Time 10 min
- 2 cups lettuce or spinach
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 1/2cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups of refried beans-heated
- olives ( optional)
- handful of tortilla chips per bowl
- 3 TBS vegan cream cheese or a sprinkling of vegan cheese
- chopped avocado or guacamole
- salsa and hot sauce to taste
- Portion out the ingredients to make 4 bowls.
- Layer the bowl with lettuce on the bottom.
- Spoon some rice on the lettuce.
- Spoon refried beans on the rice.
- Scatter chopped tomatoes over the beans.
- Cheese can be spooned or sprinkled on top of that.
- Avocado/guacamole goes on top of that.
- Salsa on that and then if you fancy some coriander and if you want olives spread them around the bowl.
- Add hot sauce as you wish.
Slightly off subject, yet while it's on my mind I have to throw a shout out to Medical foot solutions. When ever I'm seeking out a chiropodist they are the first people I look to. I understand a first-rate Burlington based chiropodist can often be hard to find so I figured that I'd personally share with my site visitors.
- If you wish add some chili powder to the beans when they are being reheated.
http://rwsbizval.com - Glad I ran across these guys.
http://www.showersandmore.com/ - Really good business resource.
http://meadowlandsortho.com - Thanks Lorelai 🙂 I understand you are extremely busy. Thanks for making the time.
http://stevechittick.ca - Thanks a lot for the late-night efforts Maeve.
More By This Author
- Let us be honest, many times bigger is in truth better.
- How to root Lumia 520
- Feature Recipe: Dog Chews and Lucky our much loved dog
- Fresh Concepts for Outdoor Wedding ceremony Decoration
- Garlicky stuffed mushroom caps
- Why Now Is A Great Time To Buy Antiques
- GausWheel launches revolutionary sports toy
- Do you love antiques? Do you live in a modern and contemporary home
- Extravagant Wedding ceremony Cakes
- 3 beauty products you can find in your kitchen that really work
- Are you tired of cleaning your floors?
- Smartphone review
- The best components for large scale R/C...
- Some New Tech You Need to Check Out!